5 Points Animal Hospital – Nashville’s Best Vet Clinic!
Since 2011, Dr. Janet Grace (DVM) and the rest of the team at 5 Points Animal Hospital has been providing East Nashville’s four-legged community with everything from annual prevention & wellness care to diagnostic services, surgeries and dental care.
At 5 Points Animal Hospital, we have two primary goals when it comes to the care of your pet. Our first goal is to always offer the most advanced and up-to-date diagnostic tools, equipment, and treatment options that are available in veterinary medicine. As a progressive, small animal general practice, we provide comprehensive veterinary care to all of our patients.
We also partner closely with Nashville Veterinary Specialists and BluePearl, so that our patients who require specialized diagnostics, treatments, or procedures beyond the scope of a general practice can be referred to a board-certified veterinarian or specialist with additional training in the area that best suits their individual healthcare needs.
Our second goal is to always remember that our role as veterinary professionals is to partner with our clients in making informed, compassionate decisions about the health of the pets in our care. We must consider the medical needs of our patients, along with the preferences, financial resources, and ethics of their owners.
In order to make it as easy as possible for our neighbors to keep their pets happy and healthy, we proudly offer comprehensive veterinary services including:
- Preventive & Wellness Care – Your pets are an extension of your family and you want to do everything you can to keep them feeling their best. Well, we want to help! That’s why we offer comprehensive wellness services for your pet that are designed to diagnose health problems and prevent illness early, when intervention will be most successful. Find out more about how annual physical exams and preventive care can help keep your pet healthy here.
- Diagnostics Lab – One of the worst feelings is not knowing what’s wrong with your pet or how to help. But with our well-equipped in-house diagnostics lab, we have the capability to run extensive tests with almost immediate results so that we can develop a treatment and/or pain management plan for your pet ASAP. Read more about our lab here.
- Vaccinations – Keeping up with vaccinations can help protect your pet from illnesses and diseases, many of which can be difficult to treat once contracted. Here at 5 Points Animal Hospital, we closely follow the AAHA’s 2011 Vaccination Guidelines, and can make protecting your pet simple and painless. But not all vaccinations are necessary for all pets; we’ll work with you to develop a vaccination plan that makes sense for your pets and their lifestyles. We’ll even send reminders when your pet is due for another vaccination! Click here to read more. And don’t forget to check out our Vaccination FAQ page.
- Surgery – When your pet requires surgery, you want to be confident that he or she is under the care of experienced and knowledgeable doctors and receiving the best in surgical expertise and pain management. With 5 Points Animal Hospital’s state-of-the-art surgical suite and expert team, you can rest easy knowing that your pet is in good hands. Learn more about our surgical suite and the procedures we offer here.
- Dental Care – Chances are, you don’t brush your pet’s teeth as routinely as your brush your own. But oral health is just as important for your pet as it is for you! Here at 5 Points Animal Hospital, we perform free oral exams on all patients every 6 months, because we believe that a healthy mouth can add years to your pet’s life. We also offer periodontal therapies and extractions so that you can enjoy those kisses well into your pet’s adulthood. Read about Periodontal Disease here. When advanced treatments are needed, such as root canals, crowns, or complicated oral surgeries, we refer our patients to a veterinary dentist (either Dr. Keith Stein or Dr. Barden Greenfield). Call us today to schedule your pet’s free dental exam. Find out more about dental care here, and don’t forget to read “What You Should Know About Dental Disease”.
We’re Also Here For You & Your Pet In An Emergency
We know that regardless of how good of a pet parent you are, unforeseen health emergencies happen. Should your pet ever need emergency care, you can count on us. We offer walk-in or appointment emergency care services Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM and Saturday 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Should your pet’s emergency happen after hours, please contact our partners at Nashville Veterinary Specialists or Blue Pearl and they’ll take good care of you and your 4-legged loved one.
Watching your pet suffer is incredibly difficult, but it can be just as difficult to make the decision to say goodbye. The compassionate doctors here at 5 Points Animal Hospital understand the emotional difficulties that you’re going through and can help you determine what’s best for you and your pet. We offer in-house and house call euthanasia, and will do everything we can to make sure your pet is comfortable and that you are confident with your decision. Click here for information on in-home pet hospice care and bereavement counseling . We also partner with Faithful Friends to offer our clients cremation services. Find out more here.
We’re also pleased to offer our clients access to important medications, dietary supplements and specialty foods through our online pharmacy. All of our products are competitively priced and are designed to make caring for your pet as convenient as possible. Visit our pharmacy here. To learn how to best choose an online pharmacy, please click here. Also, be sure to watch this FDA video on purchasing pet medications online.
Why Choose 5 Points?
The team at 5 Points Animal Hospital understands that not all pets or pet owners are the same. That’s why we work with each and every client to develop customized health and wellness plans that fit with your budget and the lifestyle of your pet.
With our team, you’re guaranteed compassion, helpful advice, expert care, and top-notch medicine and equipment. We also partner with a variety of businesses within our community to offer our clients the best and most comprehensive care possible. After all, your pets aren’t just animals, they’re members of our community and extensions of our family.
You Can Count On Us For All Of Your Pet’s Health Needs
For all of your pet’s health and wellness needs, visit us at 1103 Woodland Street, Nashville, TN 37206. We’ll help you keep your pets healthy and happy and show them the love the care that they deserve!
For appointments or more information about our services, please give us a call at (615) 750-2377 or click here to fill out our online contact form.
Submit your review
My kitten just went in to 5 Points to be neutered, and the staff was excellent. They thoroughly answered all of my questions, and kept me posted throughout the day on my cat's progress. They took great care of him all day and called to check on how he was doing the next morning. I'm so thankful to have a vet's office that cares so much for all the pets they treat.
I have been with 5 Points and Dr. Grace for over 3 years. Having 4 pets puts us in the clinic more than most and Dr. Grace has been fantastic on every front. She cares and it shows. If you are looking for a vet that takes the time and goes above and beyond for your pets, this is the place to be.
We will forever be grateful to Dr. Grace and the staff at 5 points. Not only were you there for our pet but you have been there for us as the owners with professional and friendly service. We have a new dog and know that our “family member” will be well taken care of. Thank you for everything!
The staff at 5 points animal hospital is amazing! My dog has anxiety problems and everyone is helpful in making sure his needs are met to have a safe and productive visit.
Thank you for helping with my dear sweet Lila, you guys feel like family when we are there.
Con: There is not a 6. Or 10. Pro: My kiddo is a weirdo (in the most loving way!!) due to a hard “previous life.” You guys were AMAZING with understanding his limitations and really investing some of yourselves into his first visit. I’m thrilled about finding his new vet home!!
The clinic is always very clean and comfortable. We are always greeting with smiling and friendly faces. Everyone is always so pleasant and professional. We are nearly overwhelmed with the care and compassion for our pets that is exhibited each and every time we have an appointment at 5 Points. The staff always make every effort to make our dogs feel safe and at ease. Overall, we love everything about 5 Points. All the staff are just wonderful both in communication with us and the care of our pets. It is not the most convenient place for us to take our dogs, but we know we wouldn’t get the care and professionalism anywhere else so it is WELL worth the extra drive.